The Barn is a volunteer-run thrift shop that sells pre-loved goods like clothing, accessories, household appliances and other miscellaneous items. It aims to assist the poor and needy in the community by making consumer goods available to them at affordable prices. All stocks are donated by members of the public.
The Barn has 3 outlets located island wide:
11 East Coast Rd, #01-14/15,
The Odeon Katong, S428722
(Closed on Saturdays and Public Holidays)
Blk 591A, Ang Mo Kio St51, #01-35, S561591
(Closed on Public Holidays)
27 Penjuru Walk, #01-01, S608538
Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm, 6pm-9.30pm
All outlets are closed until further notice.
We will not be accepting donations in-kind during this period
Pop Up Barn
Once a month, The Barn partners Social Service Agencies and goes out to selected housing estates to offer their products to the poor and needy.
For more enquiries, please contact Eunice via WhatsApp
9679 7379 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on our social media pages
Frequently asked questions
Can I bring some of the things I no longer use here?
Sure, if they are still in good, saleable and working condition. Please donate only during operating hours.
What items do you accept?
- Clothes (Men and women's)
- Household items (small to medium size)
- Toys (complete and working)
- Accessories (Bags, Ties, Belts, Hats, Caps, Scarves, Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces, etc.)
- Shoes (only in good or almost new condition)
- Sports equipment (small to medium size)
Where do the sale proceeds go?
Proceeds are needed to cover the operating expenses and the rest will be channelled to our welfare programmes in Cornerstone Community Services for local community.
What is the payment mode?
We only accept cash.
Can items be exchanged/refunded?
We have a no exchange or refund policy. We encourage all customers to check items before leaving the store as there will be no exchange or refunds provided.
Can I reserve/ pay for an item and come back later to collect?
We have a no reservation policy as different volunteers come in at different duty slots and it is difficult to keep track of the various requests.
What items do you not accept?
- Soft toys
- Children's clothes
- Big or bulky items
- Baby furniture and accessories such as car seats, potty, baby clothes, feeding accessories
- Bigger children's toys such as tents, walkers
- Maternity Wear
- Religious artefacts
- Multimedia (DVD, CD)
- Faulty electronics or appliances
- Used undergarments and linen
- Used pillows
- Medical appliances or equipment
- Golf sets
- Beer mugs
- Country flags and souvenirs
- Christmas trees
- Misc cups and cultery that are not in a set
- Airline freebies